Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Brewery Project: Booze Brothers

 
I was a little nervous that the last official stop on The Brewery Project would be underwhelming, making for a weak, disappointing finish to an otherwise exciting journey.  Thankfully, my visit to Booze Brothers Brewing Co. was neither weak nor disappointing!  A large space featuring lots of natural elements such as hardwoods and hanging plants help to bring the outdoors in, creating an enjoyable atmosphere to enjoy your beer in.  Plenty of seating is available at the bar, and a freestanding bar with bench seating wraps around a couple of walls, providing a great view of everything going on in the brewing and tasting areas.  A nice selection of beers were on tap, but of course I started with their Ol' Grandaddies IPA, which was actually a IIPA.  As has so often been the case, I found myself amazed by the quality of beer put out by such a young brewery.  Although a bit filling, this 8.2% alcohol brew was true to style and delicious.  Another beer caught my eye called Olden Days, a 10.4% alcohol Stock Ale.  Delicious, rich, and malty, this was a big beer.  So big, in fact, that I had a hard time finishing it.  About halfway through the beer became cloying.  Per the beer board I was expecting a 12 ounce pour, but actually received a full pint of the massive brew.  Had the beer been the advertised 12 ounces, or even 8 ounces, I would have had no problem finishing it.  I finished it, mind you, but it was tough.  This was definitely a case of "less is more".  I was extremely happy with the brewery and the beer, and look forward to seeing what the future holds for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment