Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Brewery Project: Groundswell

 
New and centrally located in the county, Groundswell Brewing Co. shows great promise.  Although the interior was still unfinished and only 3 beers were on tap when I visited, the comfortable surroundings, friendly bartender, and delicious beer told me that this was a brewery to watch.  I sampled all 3 of the beers they were pouring, which included Bay of Plenty, a New Zealand hopped Blonde, Bier Der Könige, a Bavarian Hefeweizen, and Pogue Mahone, an Irish Special Bitter.  While all of them were good, it was Pogue Mahone (politely translated, "kiss my butt") that stole the show.  Dark, dank, and completely opaque, this earthy brew was addictive enough for a full pour.  Based on this beer alone, I would make a return trip.  I don't know if this will be one of their core beers or just a special release, but I know there's only one way to find out... a return trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment