Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Life is too short!

A good friend of mine was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer today.  Needless to say, my thoughts and prayers have been with him all day.  My thoughts also drift to my own mortality.  Years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds... they all fly by so quickly.  It's so easy to put things off.  It's so easy to make future plans.  Plans that may or may not ever come to fruition.  Why?  Who benefits from "someday", "later", or "another time"?  No one!  I say live!  Live every day!  To quote Harold and Maude:

"A lot of people enjoy being dead.  But they are not dead, really.  They're just backing away from life.  Reach out.  Take a chance.  Get hurt even.  But play as well as you can.  Go team, go!  Give me an L.  Give me an I.  Give me a V.  Give me an E.  L-I-V-E.  LIVE!  Otherwise, you got nothing to talk about in the locker room."

Do you love someone?  Tell them!  Do you want something?  Ask for it!  Do you want to brew beer?  Then brew it!  Don't put it off!  Life each day to the fullest.  If you don't, all you will be left with is regret.  I will be bottling my next beer soon, now named "Stuart's Ale", and I look forward to enjoying one with my friend.  That's exactly what I'm going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment