Monday, January 23, 2012

A good happy hour

I complained here about the price of a pint around San Diego, and said that I like to find beer specials for around $3.50.  I found one for just that.  I have been to both Village Pizzeria locations in Coronado a number of times, but until this past Friday didn't realize how good their happy hour is.  Monday through Friday, from 3:00-6:00pm, every pint of beer is just $3.50.  Don't let the Budweiser and Coors Light logos on their website turn you away, they have a nice selection of local crafts to choose from.  I snapped this picture of the beer board at the "Bayside" location.  I wish I had taken a better shot, but didn't look at it until I got home.  I had an Oceanside Ale Works American Strong Ale (9.2%) which was awesome, and a Karl Strauss Two Tortugas (11.1%) which was served in a tulip glass and equally awesome.  To get beers of this caliber at that price, to me, was stellar.  Whether you get there by bridge or by ferry, make the trip to Village Pizzeria for some great beer and fantastic food!

No comments:

Post a Comment