Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Brewery Project: Port Brewing / The Lost Abbey


If you follow this blog at all, you already know how much I like Pizza Port.  As much as I love their various locations and the beer they produce, I had never been to Port Brewing Co. / The Lost Abbey until now (the link is to their Facebook page, as their websites seem to be down a lot).  Have I been missing out!  This is what a working brewery/tasting room should be!  I can see why several TV shows (see my previous posts here and here) have filmed at this location.  Packed with people, a food truck out front, and plenty of beer flowing, all tucked neatly into the standard, nondescript industrial park breweries are known for inhabiting.  The beer list, bottled and draft, was so extensive that I had a hard time deciding what to order.  Since this was a quick trip I went with an old standby, Port's Shark Attack Double Red Ale.  This is one of my favorite beers, and a nice way to enjoy the tasting room.  As with so many great breweries, this place has to be visited in person to be fully appreciated.  Make it a stop on your local beer tour.  If you're not a regular already, you soon will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment