Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Brewery Project: Pacific Beach AleHouse


Warm sun, cool ocean breeze, and fresh craft beer.  Sitting on the rooftop patio of Pacific Beach AleHouse reminds you why San Diego is such a tourist destination, and the best place in the world to live.  The laid back atmosphere and ocean views are reason enough to visit this seaside eatery, but the ante is upped with the addition of an in-house brewery, providing delicious brews to enjoy alongside your nosh.  I ordered the sampler of their core beers, which fit the usual mold.  Starting out on the lighter side with their Good Times Gold, which was, as it advertises, crisp and refreshing, I worked my way through the spectrum to their PB Porter.  Not a big fan of this style, it was pretty good, ending very smoothly, but almost to a fault.  All of their beers were solid, but not overly memorable.  I have grown accustom to bigger beers, which doesn't always make me the best judge of "normal" brews.  They were out of their IPA, which I would have loved to try.  I guess I'll have to make another trip to try it when it's available, and any others they have on tap at the time.  I'll brave the sun, ocean breeze, and picturesque surroundings.  I'll force myself to watch the waves crash on the shore.  I'll put myself out, all in the name of craft beer.  I'll love every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment