Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Brewery Project: Coronado Brewing Co. Knoxville facility


I always leave a brewery with an impression, whether it be positive or negative.  Most of the time it's positive, but there are times when my experience is less than stellar.  Then there are times, rare times, that I just can't keep a smile off my face when I leave the brewery.  Everything aligned, from the product to the people, to create an awesome experience.  My visit to the newly opened Coronado Brewing Co. Knoxville facility was just such a time.  I've been anxiously awaiting the opening since posting this last August.  The unadvertised opening of the large production facility was kept fairly quiet, and so was the brewery at the time of my visit.  With a spacious tasting area directly connected to the brewing floor, it's the perfect place to sip on your favorite brew while watching all the action take place.  There are also a couple of flat panels hanging above the bar to add further entertainment.  I treated myself to a couple new beers.  Holly-Daze, a 7.8% Holiday/Winter Ale was warming, spicy, and delicious.  Hibiscus IPA, their collaboration with Maui Brewing Co. benefiting Beer 4 Boobs, bears a beautiful pink hue in support of breast cancer awareness.  Floral from the addition of hibiscus flowers, yet hoppy from the Centennial, Chinook, and Nugget hops, this was a very drinkable, refreshing, and delightful brew.  With beers like these and this beautiful new space to enjoy them in, I can't imagine ever having a bad time hanging out here.  Word will spread, people will come, and good times will be had by all.

1 comment:

  1. I need to visit, it looks awesome. I've been trying to watch its progress.

    ReplyDelete