Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Brewery Project: Oggi's Carmel Mountain Ranch

 
Visiting yet another Oggi's Pizza & Brewing Co. location, I made my way to their Carmel Mountain Ranch store, where they also brew.  Located in a small shopping center in a residential area right off a freeway, but not visible from the freeway, this spot appears to be more of a locals hangout, and is somewhat difficult to find if you're not looking for it.  With a small, cozy dining room and ample bar area, I felt very comfortable even though it was my first time there.  I'm pretty familiar with all of their core beers, so I'm always hoping to find a limited release, specialty, or one-off brew on tap.  I found just that in Surfside Monk Belgian Triple Ale.  Not available anywhere else, I was surprised to see this 8.9% alcohol creation served in a pint glass.  Being a fan of the style, I was hoping they would do it justice.  They did.  True to style, it combined just the right amount of sweetness with just the right amount of alcoholic kick.  Smooth and delicious, I would come back for this beer alone.  However, this beer may not be available the next time I'm there, so hopefully I'll find something equally as tantalizing.  Something that will bring me back again.  And again.  And again.

No comments:

Post a Comment