Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Brewery Project: 2kids

 
Who are the "two kids" of 2kids Brewing Co.?  Rob and Sam Dufau, a husband and wife who have a passion for craft beer.  After homebrewing in their small apartment for several years, they finally decided to share that passion with the rest of us by setting up shop in Miramar, an area that is no stranger to great craft beer.  Each with their own unique beer style and preference, the beers they brew will cater to a wide range of tastes, assuring you will always find something to please your palate.  On deck and in my tasting cups were an interesting assortment of brews, including One Twenty Three Cream Ale, which I'm guessing was named after the suite number in their address, Incredulous Ordinary Bitter, which was a new style classification to me, but proved to be my favorite of the bunch, Obligatory IPA, which is probably the best name for an IPA I've ever heard, especially here in San Diego, Reginald ESB, a kicked up version of Incredulous, and Pirlie-Winkie Scottish Ale, a low 3.2% alcohol version of the style.  Open just 4 days, the quality of the beers and enthusiasm of the owner/brewers was infectious, and I can't wait to see what they come up with next.  Go check out these new "kids" on the block, and you'll see what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment