Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Brewery Project: Acoustic Ales

 
About a year ago The Brewery Project took me to Mission Brewery Plaza, where I found an abandoned brewery with dormant brewing equipment.  I'm happy to say that the brewery, along with all of its equipment, has come out of hibernation and is in the capable hands of Acoustic Ales Brewing Experiment!  Their newly opened tasting room is located in a prominent suite across the plaza the from the actual brewery, providing a separate place to relax and enjoy their brews.  The word "swanky" came to mind as I entered the space, which features dark, rich wood tones, a large copper-topped bar, and comfortable chairs and couches throughout.  I was a bit intimidated at first, but the friendly staff put me at ease quickly, and were happy to make recommendations for my personalized beer flight.  The 4 beers I chose were Surly Mosh Pit Imperial Red Ale, a cask version of the same beer with the addition of whole cone Citra hops, Run for the Hills Double IPA, and The Groupie Belgian Style Strong Blonde Ale.  I cannot say enough good things about each of these beers.  They were all excellent and highly recommended.  This was my first time experiencing their "Experiment", and it certainly won't be my last.  I look forward to many visits to this San Diego historical landmark, and enjoying the beer flowing from it that's sure to make history of its own!

No comments:

Post a Comment