Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Brewery Project: Culture


Just a couple blocks away from the original Pizza Port in Solana Beach sits the county's newest brewery, Culture Brewing Co.  This is what I love about the San Diego craft beer scene.  Only a couple weeks old, this brewery was hopping on a Sunday afternoon, with 50 to 60 people and several dogs enjoying the new digs.  The basic, unfinished, industrial space, with tanks featured behind the bar and an open concept allowing ocean breezes to flow throughout, was the perfect environment to enjoy an IPA from this fledgling brewery.  And enjoy it I did!  I would put this 8.1% alcohol IPA, which at this point lacks a proper name, among the best IPA's I've had in recent memory.  I didn't get a chance to try the other beers they were pouring, a Pale Ale, an Amber, an Imperial Stout, and a Black IPA, but if the IPA was any indicator, these are beers I need to try!  With a Brown and Blonde coming soon, they don't seem to be shy about keeping new beers coming.  I will definitely be keeping an eye on this brewery, and expect great things to come in the near future.  Get in on the ground floor now and check them out right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment