Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Brewery Project: Pizza Port Solana Beach


The spot where it all began, Pizza Port Solana Beach offers the same ambiance and charm as the local chain's subsequent locations, but also has the history associated with being the first.  I have actually only been to this location a couple of times, but have yet to be disappointed.  On this visit I was treated to a couple of beers that I had never had before.  The first, Lou P. Lin, was a rich IIPA.  True to the style, this was a big, hearty beer that screamed hops.  While I sometimes describe this style as "muted", this one was anything but.  I really liked it, but probably couldn't drink more than a couple in a sitting.  Going a completely different direction I tried a local favorite, Santa's Little Helper.  An Imperial Stout, I found it very drinkable.  Not a huge fan of this style, I didn't find it better or worse than any other I've had.  As usual the beer, food, and atmosphere all worked together to create another wonderful visit.  Current roadwork in front of the building makes it a bit tricky to get to, but when it's done it'll be easier than ever to reach this great local landmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment