Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Brewery Project: Societe


I drove into the industrial park right off Clairemont Mesa Blvd. looking for Societe Brewing Co.  What could have proved to be a daunting task, as there is no visible signage on the outside of the building, was made easier due to the current trend marrying breweries and food trucks.  If you find yourself in an industrial area and see a food truck pulled up to a suite, it's a pretty safe bet you've found a brewery!  The moment I stepped into the tasting room, now in its third month of operation, I knew these guys were on the right path.  The space is large, but not grandiose.  Rustic is the word that came to mind, and I believe that is exactly what they were shooting for in the design of the space.  Yes, I said design.  There was thought put into the tasting room/brewing facility.  Anyone can put a couple of taps on the wall and let people stand in a cold, empty space drinking beer.  This room has character, as do its patrons.  Not only was the room full of happy beer drinkers, the crowd was as diverse as the beers they were consuming.  I have had limited exposure to their beer, so I opted for the IPA flight.  Each one was unique in its own way, yet had a similarity that identified them as coming from the same family.  I like it when I can try a beer I've never had before, but am able to name the brewery nonetheless.  Based on the steady stream of people coming through the door and the quality of the brews, I believe this young company has already secured their place in the thriving San Diego beer community.

No comments:

Post a Comment