Friday, September 14, 2012

The Brewery Project: Mission


After my visit to Mission Brewery Plaza last week, I felt it only fitting that I visit Mission Brewery this week.  It had been some time since my last visit, so I wondered if anything had changed.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I had been to their massive downtown facility for a couple of events which packed out the space, but on my other visits the place was a ghost town.  It made me wonder if the spot they chose was just too large for the product they produced.  This time, around 5:00pm on a Thursday afternoon, they had a nice group of people filling up the bar.  The staff was friendly and helpful, and made me feel welcome right away.  They offer food now, as well.  Tortas, salads, and small bites are available to snack on while sipping your brew and enjoying the large flat panels above the bar.  I have tried all their core beers before, which I find average.  Where I think they truly shine is their bigger beers.  I enjoyed a pint of Shipwrecked Double IPA, a weighty 9.25% brew that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I also treated myself to a sampler of Dark Seas, their 10.5% Russian Imperial Stout.  I was saddened to find out that Warship, an Imperial Red Ale, would be added to the tap list the following day.  That’s a beer I’d like to try.  After a great visit, and with Warship calling my name, I’m already planning my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment