Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Brewery Project: Karl Strauss Downtown San Diego


You can't talk about San Diego breweries without Karl Strauss Brewing Co. coming up.  With the distinction of being San Diego's oldest operating craft brewery, established back in 1989, they've had plenty of time to perfect their craft.  Renovation is currently under way at their main brewery in Pacific Beach, which will allow for tours, tastings, & other events, and a new brewery restaurant location is also under construction in 4S Ranch.  This particular visit was to their very first brewery restaurant location, and my personal favorite.  I have posted often about their weekly growler fill special, which I took advantage of on this visit as well.  I was planning on getting a fill of Tower 20 IIPA, but was faced with a tough decision when I was told Old Columbia Barleywine was also on tap.  Ultimately, I went with the Old Columbia.  I'm a sucker for a good barleywine, and this one is on point!  If you can't make it to this location, don't worry.  With locations all across the county, Orange County, and even Los Angeles, it's easy to treat yourself to a sampling of San Diego craft beer history.  As I cover the other locations as well, you just may see me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment