Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Brewery Project: Stumblefoot

 
I knew very little about Stumblefoot Brewing Co. before my visit to their small San Marcos facility.  Tucked away, as is so often the case, in a run-of-the-mill industrial park sits this little brewery, brewing things their way.  Friendly and eager to serve, I was made to feel right at home.  Simple appointments and no frills puts the focus right were it should be, on the beer.  With an array of styles to choose from including Lagers, Ales, Sours, and even Mead, I decided to stay in my comfort zone with their Apollo Double IPA.  Its 8.5% alcohol was not overpowering, and the beer was smooth with a slightly acidic finish.  I liked this beer a lot, and would definitely order it again.  That being said, I would like to explore more of their offerings next time.  This is the kind of place I can imagine popping in to on a warm summer afternoon and end up hanging out at all evening.  With all the beers I still need to try, I may do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment