Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Brewery Project: Craft


If you're going to name yourself Craft Brewing Co. you'd better do "craft" beer right, and these guys do!  If you're not familiar with this Riverside County brewery, you need to be.  Wait, did I say Riverside County?  What happened to San Diego County?  Have I moved?  No.  Have I simply disregarded my own rule about visiting all of the local San Diego County breweries for this project?  Well, yes, I guess I have.  I've known about this brewery for quite a while and threatened to visit several times, but never made it.  Now engaged in my weekly brewery visits, I would be remiss to leave them off my list of "local" breweries.  Tucked away in a labyrinth of buildings in a Lake Elsinore industrial park, they are doing just as their name implies, crafting great beer.  With 8 beers on tap and 8 tasters in front of me, I had my work cut out for me on this tasting session.  Each of the beers I sipped, from their light Fallen Angel Blonde to their dark Raven Stout, were solid.  I particularly enjoyed the Four Headed Hef with its rich banana and clove notes.  Anyone who knows me knows I am a sucker for a good IIPA, and the Double Warlock IPA packed a nice punch.  I was also treated to their Oktoberfest, which was malty and delicious.  The people were great as well, treating a stranger like myself as a regular, which I'm sure they do to everyone who comes through the door.  Unless you are in the area or just happen to be passing through, it's definitely a trek to visit this fine brewery, but well worth it.  Stop in, pull up a keg and taste the "craft" that goes into their beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment