Friday, August 3, 2012

The Brewery Project: Manzanita B2


When I visited Manzanita Brewing Co. in May, I mentioned that they were in the process of moving to a new, larger location just down the road.  The move is complete, and they have been brewing and serving beer at "B2" since July 12th.  I had wondered whether or not they would be keeping the original location, but I was told by owner Jeff Trevaskis that they would not.  They plan on selling their first home, but with ten times the production capacity at the new location, and room to grow, why wouldn't they?  Jeff gave me a quick tour of the brewing floor and I was quite impressed.  While the old spot was fine for a start-up brewery, the new one reflects the growth and respect this company has earned over the last 2 years.  The tasting room is spacious, with a large bar and several bar-height tables of various sizes.  I heard someone say that there should be more tables to fill the space and offer more seating, which I would agree with.  The area seems unfinished, so I'm sure issues such as this will be addressed as they settle in.  As busy as they were on a Thursday afternoon, I have to think the only direction this young East County brewery has to go is up, and I plan on being along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment