Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm a Lukcy Basartd!


As I type my 200th post, drink my Stone Lukcy Basartd Ale, and listen to my family singing & dancing along to music on the TV in the other room, I find myself reflecting on the last few years of my life. Lukcy Basartd is a culmination of 13 years of Arrogant Bastard, combining Arrogant Bastard, Oaked Arrogant Bastard, and Double Bastard into one harmonious brew. In much the same way, 8 years has passed since the birth of my son, almost 5 since the birth of one of my daughters, and just over 3 since the other. Thus, the roll of "Daddy" in my life was born. My love of craft beer has also grown in that time, adding a "Hop" to my otherwise grounded existence. The combination of these two identities brings me to where I am today, and where I am going tomorrow. The stage of tomorrow is not yet set, but I look forward with anticipation. I know that with my family beside me and with my passion to follow, my future will be bright, indeed! Maybe the 13 years of Arrogance in my glass is going to my head, but at this moment, as I type my 200th post and look forward to the next 200, I consider myself to be a very Lukcy Basartd!

No comments:

Post a Comment