Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Brewery Project: Karl Strauss La Jolla


This week I found myself at a Karl Strauss Brewing Co. brewery restaurant that I had never been to before, La Jolla.  The exterior is understated, blending in with the surrounding architecture.  Inside you find tall ceilings with lots of windows making for a bright, open, airy space.  The staff, as usual, was friendly and attentive.  The bartender told me they were reaching the end of a cask of Big Barrel Double IPA, so that is what I chose.  I was drooling as the beer was cascading directly after the pour.  This is a rich, filling beer and was the perfect choice for my visit.  I really liked this location and am sorry it took me so long to get to it.  That being said, I've got some lost time to make up for here!

No comments:

Post a Comment