Monday, August 15, 2011

Beer Fries follow-up

I was able to try this recipe over the weekend. I didn't have olive oil, so I used vegetable oil instead. I believe there was some flavor loss due to the oil change, but the outcome was tasty nonetheless. I happened to have a bottle of Starz Beer that a friend had given to me, so I figured this would be a good use for it. The fries turned out very crispy and flavorful, but I didn't get any hint of the beer. Maybe if I had used a more robust brew it would have been more evident, or maybe the beer isn't meant to lend very much to the final product. Using other herbs, as the recipe recommends, would have made for more of a flavor punch, but the fries were good anyway. I would like to try this recipe again using the correct oil and perhaps a variety of herbs to see what difference that makes. All in all I enjoyed the fries, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment