Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Brewery Project: Belching Beaver

 
You can usually judge the popularity of a brewery by the level of noise it emits as you approach it.  When I got out of my car, parked on the street a short distance from Belching Beaver Brewery, I instantly knew I had found a North County hotspot!  Open nary a year, this young brewery has not only developed a large enough fan base to keep the original tasting room packed with people at 5:30pm on a Sunday afternoon, just 30 minutes before closing time, but a second tasting room in North Park has also been going strong since the end of April.  I've had very limited experience with their beer, but I like what I've tried.  On this visit I experienced Dammed! Double IPA.  It was dam good!  Sorry, I couldn't resist.  Their affinity for beaver themed beer names is infectious.  Anyway, these guys are doing it right!  Good people, making great beer, treating their customers like old friends.  That is a recipe for success, and I believe they have it mastered!

No comments:

Post a Comment