Friday, January 6, 2012

Where, in Colorado, I was!



Where was I this time?  Estes Park Brewery of Estes Park, Colorado.  Estes Park is a beautiful mountain town, and the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park.  It's a quaint, rustic town full of little eateries, gift shops, and a brewery that matches all the quaint rusticness of its namesake.  Estes Park is home to The Stanley Hotel, inspiration for Stephen King's The Shining.  The brewery pays homage to this fact with beers such as Redrum Ale and The Shining Pale Ale.  There is a small tasting bar in the rear of the gift shop offering petite pours of their beers for free, which I had a couple of.  A venture upstairs reveals a very casual, family friendly restaurant where pints can be purchased.  I had a fresh hop ale and was pleasantly surprised with how good it was.  I didn't get to spend much time at this brewery, but definitely plan to stop again the next time I'm in Estes Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment